FitAir Exposure Training
Purchase a single 60 minute session or Buy a block of 10 and save £40!
Includes relative programmed altitude session to the individual coached on a wattbike on our altitude set-up.
Once you have purchased your Exposure Training session please contact us to arrange your initial appointment.
Appointments available from 2pm - 9pm, Monday - Friday
What is IHT?
IHT stands for Intermittent Hypoxic Training, the technique of breathing in a lower concentration of oxygen through a mask to stimulate high altitudes during exercise. IHE is one of the most efficient ways to adapt to low oxygen. This style of altitude training mainly improves how efficiently our muscles extract oxygen from the blood, and dispose of lactic acid. It gets our body used to working in stressful states to ultimately improve exercise tolerance and well-being in day-to-day life.
- Increase endurance, speed and power
- Prepare for races or exercise at altitude
- Improve breathing efficiency
- Stimulates the adaptive process to improve oxygen extraction and lactic acid removal
- Improves lactic acid tolerance
- Helps break through plateaus in regular training
- Reduce stress levels due to increase production of serotonin
- Improve metabolism
- Aids in weight-loss through the reduction of fat, and not muscle
- Improve the antioxidant and immune system
- Significantly increases the natural production of growth hormone
- Improve overall health and wellbeing
- Pre-acclimatise up to altitudes of 6,500m